Diverse landscapes, food, people and incredible views make Oaxaca a destination that you simply can’t miss, and what makes it even better, is that it’s super quiet, safe and perfect to relax.
It may sounds risky to say so, but from all the places I have visited in Mexico, Oaxaca’s coast is the most beautiful places in the country.
THINGS TO DO:
- Carrizalillo Beach (the most beautiful, all locals recommend it)
- See the sunset or sunrise at Punta Cometa
- Take a boat ride in Chacahua lagoon
- Try the Tlayudas and local coffee
- Nightlife in Zicatela
- Temazcal, massage or SPA in Mazunte
- Visit the Mazunte natural cosmetics store
- Surf (there are some beaches where the waves are very strong, so if you’re not a great surfer, you can try smaller beaches like Carrizalillo)
- Visit the Centro Mexicano de la Tortuga (Turtle museum)
- Relax in a hammock in San Agustinillo
- See the bioluminescence or florescence in the lagoons. (especially in the months of October or November)